The Junior League of York has made a difference. More than $1.2 million and countless volunteer hours have been donated to the York Community. Since 1931, the York League has collaborated with the vital community agencies that support women, children, the arts, health and wellness, hunger and homelessness, the environment, parenting, literacy and beautification.
The projects of the JLY continually expand and change to reflect and respond to the needs of the community. Hundreds of JLY women have dedicated their time and talents to programs such as:
- Shaken Baby Syndrome Prevention
- Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center
- Agricultural and Industrial Museum
- Atkins House
- Susan Byrnes Health Education Center
- Crispus Attucks
- Family-Child Resources Prenatal Coaching
- The Lehman Center
- Spanish-American Community Center
- Teen Pregnancy Coalition
- YMCA Father’s workshop
- York Little Theater
- York County CASA
- York County Heritage Trust
- York Hospital
- YWCA Teen Mentoring
- Olivia’s House
- Goodrich House
- Downtown York, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity Women Build
- Martin Memorial Library
- Renaissance Park Project in Olde Town East
- Downtown York Beautiful Windows
- Children's Advocacy Center
For a more complete listing of organizations the JLY has served in the York community, please contact JLY.
Community Advisory Board (CAB)
The JLY Community Advisory Board provides the League with input from the external community perspective. This group of dedicated civic leaders offers insight on strategic planning, community needs and recruitment. Once of the primary tasks is the selection of the annual National Volunteer Week Award recipients.