We appreciate your interest in the Junior League of York and welcome you to join us! For more than 80 years, JLY has made significant contributions to the community through diverse fundraising and volunteer efforts.
Our training program is designed to familiarize new "Provisional" members with the League. At this time, Provisional members can participate as full and active members in all projects and events of the League. However diverse our members, their needs, and their other commitments may be, League members all share a desire to make a meaningful difference. We find creative ways to share our interests, skills, and talents with the York community and with each other.
Joining the Junior League of York may be one of the best decisions you make. With our varied committees, fundraisers, social events, and service opportunities, the League provides active woman with interesting, fulfilling ways of becoming involved in the York Community.
Membership is open to all women age 21 and over, regardless of race, religion, or national origin, who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism. We share the belief that we are more effective if well-trained, and that it is our responsibility to assist our community. Potential new members must be residents of York County, Pa. Members may be proposed by current members or they may propose themselves.
Benefits from joining
As a member, you will have the opportunity to:
- Focus your skills and enthusiasm for the improvement of the York community
- Build friendships with a diverse group of women
- Increase your understanding of community needs
- Explore creative techniques in problem solving and communication
- Promote voluntarism
- Develop your volunteer skills and leadership potential
- Share your talents and innovative ideas with a network of interested women
- Increase your interaction with community agencies and community leaders
- Pursue new ideas and new opportunities for personal growth and fulfillment
If you are interested in joining or would like more information, please complete this form or email membershipJLY@gmail.com. We look forward to welcoming you as a new member!